- Learning about the dogs and sledding
- A chance of seeing the Northern Lights and beautiful starry skies
- A taste of the wilderness
- Thrilling husky dog sledge trip
- Views of ocean, mountains & open plataus
Complete your winter holiday experience with a thrilling husky dog sledge ride! Our tour begins with a drive to the island of Kvaløya where we change clothes and footwear, before hopping aboard the sledges and letting the huskies pull us over the frozen landscape; enjoying stunning views of the ocean, mountains and open plateaus. During the polar night, the only light we’ll see will comes from our headlamps, the uniquely Nordic starry sky, and if we’re lucky enough, the magical Northern Lights. Afterwards you are invited into a Sámi lavvo (tent) with an open fire and a hot drink. During this trip we will also experience a working day at the Wilderness Centre, where you can learn more about dog sledding and the dogs themselves. Join us on a miniature polar expedition!
3 hr 30 min
1 Jan - 30 Apr, 1 Nov - 31 Dec