The adventure begins
Location : Copenhagen to Kangerlussuaq, Greenland
Your flight from Copenhagen lands in Kangerlussuaq in the evening. You'll find MS Spitsbergen here, ready to start your expedition.
- Easy to access – Enjoy direct-flight accessibility to Greenland (included in your voyage price) with multiple international flight carriers.
- Charming and picturesque – Being there is like taking a page from a Hans Christian Andersen story!
- Friendly and welcoming people – Danish people are officially the happiest people on Earth!
- Multiple accommodation options, versus those you’ll find in Reykjavik, which are often sold out and very pricey.
- Award-winning food – This small city boasts 15 Michelin-starred restaurants and counting!
- Beautiful palaces - The three central palaces of Copenhagen are must-sees: Christiansborg, for the (free) tower climb; Rosenborg, for the beautiful Knights’ Hall; and Amalienborg, for the changing of the guards.
- Denmark doesn't use the Euro, but the Danish Krone, which is great for currency conversion! Tipping is minimal. Restaurant bills normally include a service charge and taxi drivers don't expect a tip, although it's customary to round up the amount.