One of the most impressive figures in polar history was Adolf Henrik Lindstrøm, who was from Hammerfest. He participated in all of the expeditions that led to Norway’s status as a polar nation. Lindstrøm joined Nansen, Amundsen, and Sverdrup on their expeditions to the North and South Pole. He sailed through the Northwest Passage and around the American continent. He was the Norwegian with the most experience in the Arctic and Antarctic areas. He was also an esteemed cook!
JOIN AN EXPEDITION, FEEL THE ARCTIC WINTER
The bus picks you up at the pier and takes you to Framheim, which is situated on Mount Salen. After putting on warm clothing, you go on an expedition by foot to the top of the mountain. You will really get the feeling of how it is to be outside in the Arctic. You plant the flag at the top and then return to Framheim for a taste of some of Lindstrøm’s favorite recipes.
- Period: November 08 - December 31, 2017. January 01 - March 02, 2018.
- Transportation: Bus
- Meals on the trip: Taste of steak a la Lindstrøm, hotcakes
- Clothes/Footwear: Hiking shoes, warm and windproof clothing. Special clothing, walking sticks and spikes are provided
- Note: The mini expedition is in uphill terrain, not steep. Participants need to be in good physical condition
- Age limit: 16 years old together with parent